Minehead Resort Holidays
Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions are in place for your benefit, so that you and all of our guests can have a safe and comfortable holiday. You will be bound by not only our terms and conditions, but also the terms and conditions of Butlins. In the event that our terms conflict with that of Butlins (as in the case with dogs) it is our terms and conditions that remain valid. Please ensure that all terms and conditions are read
carefully before booking. Payment of the booking administration charge is considered as acceptance of these conditions.
The price for your holiday includes passes to use the Butlins facilities. However, some events (listed as accommodation only) are special ticket only and arena events. Tickets and passes to these events are not included in the price of your holiday and must be purchased separately if required.
In the unlikely event that Butlins changes the program of entertainment, or removes / cancels any facilities or entertainment, this is completely beyond our control and we can not be held liable for any costs, or loss of holiday. Should we become aware that Butlins has changed its program of entertainment in excess of 8 weeks before the start of your holiday, you will be offered the opportunity to cancel with a full refund (including the booking administration charge).
In the unlikely event that Butlins ban you or a member of your party from the site, for any reason, we can not be held liable for any costs or the resulting loss of any holiday.
All advertised rates are based on a maximum of 8 people sharing the caravan. The total number of berths (which is 8 for our caravans) can not be exceeded by law.
Only those people listed on the booking form are permitted to stay in the caravan. Violation may result in your entire party being banned from site.
All bookings are non-transferable. This means that you can not re-sell or transfer your holiday to another party.
Adult groups where ages are predominantly under 25 may be allowed, but we reserve the right to increase the security deposit. Please contact us before booking.
Under 18’s are not allowed during adult only weekends.
Strictly no pets are allowed. Violation will result in the loss of the security fee.
The details (name, age and address) of all people staying in the caravan are needed for the booking form which is required by Butlins. Any details provided to us will never be passed to any other party except Butlins (as part of the booking process).
In the unlikely event that your chosen caravan becomes unavailable for any reason, we will endeavour to move you to our other caravan. If this is not available, you will be given a full refund (including the booking administration charge).
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any booking.
Obligations of the lead hirer:
A responsible adult over 25 must be the lead hirer.
The lead hirer is liable for any damage caused to the caravan or contents during the period of the hire, regardless of who actually causes the damage.
The lead hirer is responsible for ensuring that all terms and conditions are met at all times.
Under 18's must be supervised in the caravan by a responsible adult of over 25 at all times.
The lead hirer is responsible for ensuring that the caravan is properly secured, i.e. all windows and doors are closed and locked, when the caravan is not being occupied. Failure to do so will result in you being held responsible for any loss or damage.
In the unlikely event that the caravan is broken in to, you must first contact the Police and file a report to obtain a crime number. You must also notify us and Butlins at the earliest opportunity.
The lead hirer is responsible for ensuring that all information of the booking form is true and accurate. Any inaccuracies or false statements may result in refusal of entry to Butlins and your holiday being cancelled. If this occurs you will not be entitled to a refund.
The lead hirer is responsible for all keys that have been provided to the caravan. If any keys are lost you will be charged for replacement locks to be fitted and keys supplied.
Use of the caravan:
In order to keep our prices as low as possible, there are items that we do not provide as part of the hire. Therefore, we do provide pillows and duvets, but you must provide your own linen, such as duvet covers, bed sheets and pillow cases. Mattress and pillow protectors must not be removed.
Other items that are not provided as part of the rental, which you will need to consider bringing, are: towels, tea towel, washing up liquid, washing up sponge/brush/cloth, toilet paper, soap and toiletries etc. If you have any questions regarding the equipment supplied, please contact us.
Strictly no smoking is allowed inside the caravan. Violation will result in the loss of the security fee. Smoking is permitted outside (away from any open windows or doors), but please dispose of your cigarettes responsibly. Discarded cigarettes butts on the ground is regarded as littering and the cleaning charge from our contractors will be passed to you.
Please check your caravan on arrival. In the unlikely event that there is a problem with your caravan, please advise us immediately. We would not wish for you to be held liable for a previous occupants damage should it have been missed by our cleaning contractor. Also we would like to maintain a high standard, and if there is a problem with the cleanliness of the caravan, we would like to be made aware so that we can monitor the situation and rectify any issues as quickly as possible.
In the event that you or one of your party breaks or damages anything, please report this as early as possible. The more notice that you can give us, the more likely that we will be able to rectify the problem in the most cost effective way, thereby reducing any deduction from your security deposit.
Pushchairs, prams and buggies and cycles etc must not be taken in to the caravan.
To protect the carpets and safeguard your security deposit, we request that all outdoor footwear is removed as soon as you enter the caravan. Please also note that high heels / stilettos are likely to cause damage to the flooring in the non carpet areas and appropriate care should be taken.
You must not dispose of nappies or sanitary products down the toilets as these are liable to cause a blockage.
The Butlins facilities and activities are extensive and should keep your children amused all day long. We therefore request that colouring pens, felt tips, crayons, paints and other messy activities are not used in caravan. However, we do understand that children may need to be kept amused occasionally inside the caravan. In the event that you do use any of the above, the children must be supervised carefully at all times. Should walls, upholstery, or any other surface become marked, it may result in the need for specialist cleaning or redecoration which the lead hirer will be liable for.
Arrival and Departure:
Please arrive via the East Gate. Your keys will be available from 4pm on the day of arrival. You are welcome to arrive earlier in the day and use the Butlins facilities until your caravan is ready. Please be aware that your car must remain in one of the Butlins car parks until the caravan is ready, at which point you will be able to move it up to the allocated parking space outside the caravan.
You must depart the caravan and return the keys by 10am on the day of departure. You are welcome to continue to use the facilities at Butlins for the rest of the day if required, but your car must be moved to one of Butlins car parks.
Before departure all kitchen equipment including: cooking utensils, cups, glasses, plates, bowls and cutlery must be cleaned, dried and put away. All rubbish must be removed from the caravan, there are bins around the caravan park. Please be aware that these items are not covered by the cleaning contract and failure to do so will result in an additional cleaning fee which we will have to pass on.
Should you rent more than one caravan, all equipment (including cutlery, crockery, cups and glasses etc) must be returned to the correct caravan by the end of your stay. If items are not returned to the correct caravan, any missing items will be deemed as lost and you will be charged accordingly.
There is one allocated parking space per caravan just a few meters away from the caravan. Please note that this can only be used if the vehicle falls within Butlins restrictions (please see Butlins terms and conditions below). Additional vehicles must be parked in one of the Butlins car parks. Please contact Butlins, before booking, if you have a motorbike, van or motor home as they are not usually permitted on site.
Payments and fees:
The first £80 of any holiday is a booking administration charge and is non-refundable. This fee is required to reserve your desired caravan and date.
In addition to the advertised price for the holiday, there is also a £100 (for family breaks) / £150 (for adult weekends) security fee. Providing that there is no damage to the caravan or its contents, and everything is left as you found it, the security fee will be returned within a maximum of fourteen days (we will always endeavour to return this as soon as possible), providing we have received confirmation from our cleaning contractors that everything is in order. In the event that there are breakages, or damage, you will be charged accordingly.
The full price of the holiday, including the security fee, must be received within 8 weeks of your holiday.
If any payments are not received and cleared by the required dates we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let the caravan. In the event that this occurs, you will receive any moneys paid, excluding the booking administration fee.
Late bookings (less than 8 weeks before the holiday) will require immediate full payment to secure the booking.
Our refund policy is in line with Butlins, which is as follows:
28 days (or less) notice = No refund
29 to 42 days notice = 40% refund
43 to 55 days notice = 60% refund (providing that the remaining 40% covers the booking administration fee)
56 days or more = 100% refund, less the booking administration fee.
We highly recommend that you take out appropriate holiday insurance to cover your holiday should there be any problems.
Limitations in Liability:
We can not be held liable for any loss resulting from actions / enforcement of policy / changes or cancellation of entertainment or facilities by Butlins as this is completely beyond our control.
We can not be held liable for any loss of holiday resulting from extreme weather conditions / act of god.
We can not be held liable for personal injury, loss or damage to any of your possessions during your stay.
Butlins Terms and Conditions of Sub-letting
1. Passes or wristbands must be carried at all times and shown when requested by Butlins personnel. Access to and from the Resort and into certain venues will be denied if you are not in possession of a valid pass. There will be a charge for any replacement passes or wristbands issued.
2. Vehicles must be parked in allocated spaces. Only one car per caravan is permitted to park on the Caravan Park. No parking or driving on the grass is permitted. Cars are not permitted to be driven around the Resorts internal roads. All drivers must adhere to the Resorts 5 mph speed limit. Entry and exit to the Resort and Lakeside Caravan Park can only be made through East Entrance. No vehicle larger than a people carrier can be parked on the parking areas on Lakeside Caravan Park. Drinking and driving will not be tolerated and any offenders will be reported to the Police. No vehicle can be used for additional or alternative sleeping accommodation. No tents allowed. All vehicles are parked on Resort are at the owner's risk.
3. No animals, other than dogs, may occupy Caravans without prior written permission of the Caravan Park/Sales Manager. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times when not in the caravan and should not foul the public areas of the park. No animals are allowed to enter the Resort complex area and must remain on the Caravan Park. Dogs may not be exercised around the caravans and should be taken from the Caravan Park following the road down to the East Gate and through the East Car Park. Certain breeds of dogs which are deemed dangerous are not allowed on the Resort.
4. Occupancy: Butlins Skyline Ltd operates a rating system for its holiday breaks of a U rating and an 18 rating. A U rating is for families only and single sex group bookings are not permitted. An 18 rating is an adult only break. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed in any entertainment or leisure venue on these breaks. Groups of persons staying in privately owned caravans shall not exceed the berthage of the caravan. Hen/stag parties are discouraged. All caravan lettings for any break that includes under-18s should include a responsible adult who is at least 25 years of age.
5. Bookings Taken For Major Public Hoiiday Periods. Please note that all bookings taken for break's commencing between 9th December and 31st December and other major public and bank holiday periods are subject the maximum berthage of the caravan. Members of the same family and/or friends who are previously known to each other or travelling together, or reside at the same address will be considered as a group for the purposes of these terms, irrespective of whether separate bookings have been made. If you or your guests fail to provide this information, we reserve the right to terminate the contract without recompense. Butlins reserves the right to terminate the contract of any guests found to be in breach of this requirement without notice, and would require the guests to leave the Resort and Butlins will not be liable for any recompense to the owners or guests. All adults booked during the above period must appear on the Electoral Roll at the address given on the Private Sub-letter Booking Form.
6. Ball games are not permitted between caravans. Please use the allocated areas only.
7. Please do not litter the park. Bin areas are provided and should be used for all refuse and re-cycling etc.
8. Minor alterations such as the withdrawal of certain amenities, facilities, activities and entertainment may be made by Butlins for reasons beyond its control without any obligation or liability.
9.Behaviour: Please show considerations to other guests and Butlins team members at all times and treat the facilities with respect. Offensive or illegal behaviour and excessive noise will not be tolerated. If guests fail to comply with these rules, their contract may be terminated and they and their party will be asked to leave the Resort immediately (without refunds). Contracts will also be terminated if Butlins has a reasonable suspicion that any guest has committed or intends to commit, an offence.
10.We need to know: The owners name, the names and addresses of all members of your party. This is a legal requirement to allow access to Butlins entertainment venues and use of the range of activities and facilities whilst on your break. Only the guests listed on the Private Subletting Form may occupy the caravan. If any other person/persons are found in occupation, Butlins will terminate the contract and the guests and unauthorised persons will be asked to leave the Resort immediately.
11. Electrical appliances: Guests are advised not to bring electrical appliances to the Resort. However, if guests do so, they use equipment at their own risk.
12. Necessary co-operation: Butlins reserves the right to require any guest to be interviewed by us, on Butlins premises to enable us to look into instances of damage or nuisance to Butlins property or guests. Any person who refuses to comply, without a reasonable excuse, will be treated as having terminated their contract. They and their party will be asked to leave immediately.
13. Weather: The availability of some outside facilities and entertainment may be affected by adverse weather conditions.
14. TV Filming: Due to the popularity of Butlins, we get requests from TV or other companies to film/photograph on Resort, many of which we accommodate. We also take our own Butlins promotional photographs and films on the Resort throughout the year. Please be aware that photographic shoots and/or filming may be in progress during your holiday and ensure that you are aware of the positioning of cameras at all times. We will not accept responsibility if contrary to your wishes, you appear on film or in photographs.
15. Children: Children aged 8-years and under may not be left alone without full adult supervision. All services/facilities for children over 5 years are not childcare facilities. Whilst every care is taken, children remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times (as they do in all the facilities listed in the Butlins brochure). At least one adult must occupy each unit of accommodation.
16. Damage to our property: Please treat the Resort with care and respect. You will be held responsible for any damage caused during your stay.
17. Health & Safety: For the safety and well-being of all guests, not all facilities are available to everyone and height restrictions do apply on all our rides and activities.
Splash Waterworlds: In Splash Waterworlds, all non-swimmers under 14 years and children aged 8 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. Only competent swimmers may use certain flume rides. Please be aware that loose items including goggles cannot be worn on the flumes.
Funfair: Restrictions and additional charges may apply on certain funfair rides and other facilities. To meet certification requirements and maintain our ongoing improvement policy, all our funfair rides are regularly inspected and maintained by specialist engineers. They may be closed at certain times for work to be carried out. Please check with the Resort. Rides are subjected to weather conditions.
Contagious Disease: Should Butlins become aware, or have reasonable grounds for suspicion, that a guest has contracted a contagious disease that has the potential to infect a large number of people quickly, they and their immediate party will be required to leave the Resort. If this is not possible, then restrictions will be placed upon their permitted activities and movements in order to prevent the disease being transmitted to other guests. We are unable to offer any refunds in such circumstances and strongly recommend that guests obtain suitable holiday insurance prior to travel to cover any such eventuality.
Open Water Policy: Butlins operates an open water policy whereby all children must be supervised by an adult at all times around open water and under no circumstances go swimming in lakes, ponds or moats.
18. Proof of age may be asked for when buying alcohol on the Resort. Accepted forms of ID are a photographic driver's licence or a passport.
19. Throughout the year certain performances in venues may be ticketed to control the capacity going into the venue. On arrival at the Resort you should check with Guest Services if there are any ticketed events during your holiday. On Arena Breaks the main event will be ticketed and a charge will be levied. All tickets are subject to availability and booked through the owner in advance.